Daily news for the readers of the print weekly, Lake County Leader.
Find updates, previews, breaking news and extended coverage and comments from stories happening across the Mission Valley.

www.leaderadvertiser.com

Monday, August 31, 2009

School begins across valley

It is a beautiful day for the beginning of the new school year - and after Ronan and Charlo started the grind last Thursday, the remaining school opened today.
Polson begins the year with a new superintendent, as well as a 'new' principal and vice principal.
Bill Appleton is taking over as interim principal, coming from the administration building where he was the curriculum director.
Sounds like he's taking a unique approach for the first day of school. Humorous speaker Craig Zablocki has been brought in to speak to the entire school and get things started.
Also, superintendent David Whitesell has named High School Social Studies teacher Pat Danley as teach of the year.

It was fun talking in the newsroom about our first days of school. I think the one I remember the most is going into first grade. I managed not to cry as my dad waved goodbye, but I wanted to.
My big brother was just up the hall in third grade, he was at least one guy I knew at recess. Funny to think that I couldn't even read back then.
I guess this means too, it's almost September, then that means it's almost fall.
I'm rooting for a warm fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment